Why Choose IDL
When you choose IDL for your school you will benefit from:
- Award winning literacy and numeracy software programmes trusted by thousands of schools around the world
- An unlimited user licence to use with as many learners as you like on as many devices as you wish
- A simple interface that allows you to automate lesson plans and see pupil progress at the touch of a button
- The ability for pupils to work independently with minimal tutor supervision
- Animated Maths Tutorials included to support pupils
- Dyscalculia Screener free to all schools
- Touch typing and subject specific spelling exercises – perfect for homework or exam practice
- Apps designed for iPads and tablets so you can use IDL on any device with an internet connection from any location
- Downloadable certificates to reward pupil progress
- Simple reporting and graphs to show pupil progress individually and by group
- Free CPD Certified training events throughout the year covering topics such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia
- Specialist IDL training webinars to ensure you are getting the most out of the programme
- Dedicated technical support team and customer service advisors on hand to help
All of the above is included as part of your IDL package.
The IDL Story
Our vision: Creating life changing opportunities for all.
Our mission: To enable learning through innovative education and exceptional customer service.
IDL was devised in the mid 1980s by educators working with the Starcross Educational Research Association. In 2012 a programme was funded by the Big Lottery called Lifting Barriers. This allowed IDL to be developed for use within a school environment in conjunction with SENCO leaders. Over a three year period IDL was placed in to 120 primary and secondary schools across the North West. IDL was required to show an increase in reading and spelling ages along with an increase in confidence and self-esteem for those pupils with dyslexia or dyslexic type difficulties. The results showed an average increase in reading and spelling ages of 11 months after only 26 hours use.
Since its development for use in schools, IDL has gone from strength to strength with schools nationwide and overseas using IDL and demonstrating real improvements for pupils with challenging literacy needs.
Click here to see a timeline of our journey since the 1980s.
Ascentis & IDL
IDL is developed by Ascentis - a charity and awarding body
Ascentis is distinctive in that it is both:
- an Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual
- an Access Validating Agency for “Access to Higher Education” Programmes, licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
We have a portfolio of user-friendly qualifications which include ESOL, English & Maths, Teacher Training, Construction, Digital Learning, Apprenticeships, Progression, Short Online Qualifications and Access to Higher Education Diplomas.
Ascentis has no shareholders, it is a charity and its sole purpose is to provide the optimal level of service to all of its customers. As a recognised charity we are committed to the provision of clear progression routes that enable learners to climb the 'qualifications ladder' and achieve their lifelong aspirations.
Ascentis has recently been featured in The Parliamentary Review: Highlighting best practice. Read the full article here.